Elk Valley USD #283 is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all students. The district has a guidance counselor, and all school staff receives training in suicide awareness and prevention. CLICK HERE to access training modules. You must register, but access to the training modules is free.
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES MOBILE CRISIS HELPLINE, CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE FOR SPANISH
- Suggestions for Parents Supporting Your Child's Mental Health, CLICK HERE.
- Suggestions for Parents Dealing with Crisis, CLICK HERE.
- Young and Suicide, CLICK HERE.
- If you or someone you know is in crisis or feels suicidal, PLEASE call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or, CLICK HERE.
- Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information. Text HOME to 741741. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from a secure online platform. For more information, CLICK HERE.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline Chat, CLICK HERE.
- Additional Suicide Awareness Training, CLICK HERE.
- A Parent's Guide to Suicide Prevention, CLICK HERE.
- Suicide statistics, CLICK HERE.
- The survey from the Centers for Disease Control Prevention, CLICK HERE.
- Warm Lines - provides peer support on a local level, CLICK HERE.
- Call the Disaster Distress helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Free Mental Health Assessment, CLICK HERE
- KVC blogs about suicide prevention, CLICK HERE.
- KVC Hospitals, CLICK HERE.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO? CLICK HERE
If I am a teen, I can... CLICK HERE
If I am a parent, I can... CLICK HERE
If I am a community member, I can... CLICK HERE
If You See Something, Say Something